How to bulk edit email alerting through XML
We have just had an instance where an email address we use has changed so we needed to update this across all 500+ monitors in IPSentry. This was just replacing one email with another. Here's how I did it just in case this is useful.
1. Backup the current IPSentry Configuration and copy the file produced e.g. "backup_12062016.IPZ"
2. Create a copy of this backup just in case.
3. Rename the file extension to .zip (eg "backup_12062016.zip"
4. Extract the Zip File
5. Using Notepad++ Search for and replace the value you need to bulk replace across all files in that folder.
6. Once complete re-zip the folder and then change the file extension back to *.IPZ
7. Import the file using the restore from backup option within IPSentry.
Notepad++ was incredibly useful in this instance and I would highly recommend using it.
Happy Monitoring People